If you are collecting security deposits from Bookingcom or direct booking reservations, you can automate this process using Your Porter App. This feature is very beneficial if you want to protect your listing from possible damage or misuse by the guests.
You can include all or some of your listings to your auto-deposit rule. Please note that one listing can have only one deposit rule.
Automated Deposit Flow
- You receive a new reservation from Bookingcom or your direct booking website created by Your Porter App
- Guest submitted a valid credit card
- Depending on your settings, we authorize/charge the deposit X days before the check-in
- You receive a notification email with a link for deposit management page
- If nothing is reported, we will release the deposit Y days after check-out
- You receive an email after we release, partly or entirely capture the deposit.
Creating the Deposit Rule
Please feel free to watch our 90 seconds video to see the easy steps for creating your first deposit rule or follow the steps below.
First, go to Menu > Deposit Management and click on Create Deposit Rule. Here, you can choose your deposit preferences:
- Authorize: Stripe will put a hold on the credit card for deposit.
- Charge: The deposit will be transferred to your Stripe account. Please keep in mind that Stripe may charge a transaction fee for this option.
You can set a different amount for each listing according to your business needs. Currency and amount are editable for all listings.
Set how many days before check-in you want to keep the deposit.
Set how many days after check-out you want to release the deposit. You can release the deposit manually before this deadline. In case of an incident, you can capture the whole amount or a part of the deposit.
Managing the Deposit
Using the link you receive in the notification email, you can manage your deposit manually if required. Otherwise, the usual flow described above will be applied automatically. You can release a deposit manually before its release date or capture and charge a custom amount when necessary.