Automate Schlage Smart Locks with Your Porter App
Your Porter App can automate Schlage Encode and Schlage Sense locks. If you have Schlage locks, we can automatically create the gate codes for your reservations.
These automated codes will only be valid during the reservation dates. If a reservation is altered (i.e extended), we automatically adjust the validity of the gate code. We will inform you via push notifications when we create or alter your codes. You can view the codes for your guests under their reservation details. You can also put these automated codes into your automated message templates and you can fully automate your entry process.
You can start by connecting your Schlage account and matching your locks by going to Menu > Smart Locks section. Please note that this feature is not included in your subscription. You can automate generating codes for an extra $0.75 per created code.
Match Your Schlage Locks with Your Listings
You will be directed to match your Schlage locks with your listings after you enter your credentials. You can also set your code algorithm, check-in, and check-out times for your automated codes from this page.
There are three code algorithms for your automated codes:
- Last 4 digits of the guest's phone number
- Check-in month & day (MMDD)
- Check-in day & month (DDMM)
It is possible to choose different code algorithms for different listings. If you choose the last 4 digits option and your guest does not submit a phone number, we will create the code with the MMDD option for this reservation.
You can click on Match Locks button to complete the matching after you matched your listings and adjusted your settings. We will start creating the codes immediately once you complete the matching. For your future adjustments, this page is located under Menu > Smart Locks > Accounts & Locks > Locks section.
Refresh Your Locks
You can refresh your Schlage locks from Menu > Smart Locks > Accounts & Locks > Locks section on Your Porter App. You will see a refresh button in the top right corner. You need to perform this refresh and you need to match your refreshed locks if you add new locks into your Schlage Home Account or if you rename your existing locks.
View Your Automated Codes
You can view your created gate codes under the reservation details for your guests. You can also view and edit all your created, upcoming, and deleted codes by going to Menu > Smart Locks > Codes section on Your Porter App.
Details & Important Notes
We gathered all the necessary information for our Schlage Automation below. It is strongly advised to read this part before you start using our automation.
- We name the codes using the first name of your guests.
- Our automated code names will start with a dash (-) symbol. Please do not modify or delete them.
- We create the codes 5 days before check-in at 12:00 PM.
- If the check-in date is closer than this 5-day period, we will create your codes immediately.
- The codes will only be valid during the reservation dates.
- We will automatically delete the gate codes two days after checkout.
- We will inform you via push notifications when we create or alter your codes.
- The cost will be $0.75 per created code.
- We do not create the codes if they are already created on your end. We do not touch your manually-created codes. We do not alter or delete these codes.